Southwind – Huntley, IL
Southwind is a charming, family-oriented subdivision developed by Cambridge Homes during the mid 1990s. Located north of Reed Road and west of Haligus Road, the subdivision offers convenient access to nearby shopping hubs, fitness centers, and community parks.
Southwind is a superb choice for prospective buyers planning to raise their own family, as schools such as Chesak Elementary School, Marlowe Middle School, and Huntley High School are a few minutes away from most of the homes. For residents who love the outdoors, there’s a network of walking paths that wind throughout the community, perfect for a nice, relaxing stroll or a quick jog in the afternoon. There’s also the Marvin A. Weiss Park which is perfect for outdoor activities, with its well-maintained amenities that include a children’s playground, a picnic area, and baseball diamond.
If you’re searching for a great neighborhood in Huntley, Southwind is definitely an excellent choice, with its peaceful environment, selection of beautiful homes, and close proximity to almost anything you need.
Southwind, Huntley – Huntley, IL Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Prospective buyers looking for a wonderful place to call home can choose from many lovely homes in Southwind. Properties in the neighborhood consist of single-family homes and townhomes.
Townhomes in Southwind have floor plans with sizes ranging from approximately 1,200 to 1,600 square feet. Sizes of single-family homes range from about 1,400 to 2,700 square feet of living space, and are available in 3-bedroom to 5-bedroom models, with 2 or more bathrooms.
Most of the homes come with first-class features, some of which include:
- Hardwood and carpet floors
- Vaulted ceilings
- Kitchens with granite countertops and top-quality stainless steel appliances
- Tons of storage space
- Formal dining rooms perfect for entertaining
- Large living rooms with custom fixtures
- Fenced yards, some with storage sheds and swimming pools
- Elegant master bedrooms with walk-in closets
- Sundecks and screened-in porches where you can take in the majestic outdoor views
Nearby attractions and destinations in Southwind
- Golfers get to enjoy quick, easy access to nearby top-notch golf courses equipped with fine amenities. Some of the nearby golf courses to check out are the Redtail Golf Club, Pinecrest Country Club, the Terrace Hill Golf Course, and the Turnberry Golf Club.
- In addition to the neighborhoods very own Marvin A. Weiss Park, ature lovers looking for a breath of fresh air can check out nearby parks and preserves such as Leroy Guy Park, Ol Timers Park, Tomaso Sports Park, and the expansive Exner Marsh Nature Preserve.
- Need to buy something? There are plenty of nearby shopping destinations located close to Southwind. South Randall Road, which is about 5 miles away, has plenty of great shopping venues, including the River Pointe Shopping Center and Algonquin commons.
Are you ready to start your search for the perfect home in Southwind? We look forward to hearing from you. Talk to us at Huntley Realty about your goals. Get in touch with us by calling 847-669-4010, or by visiting this page.