Water parks near Huntley, Gilberts, and Pingree Grove where you can beat the summer heat
After a long winter, spring has finally arrived in McHenry and Kane Counties, and pretty soon, the scorching heat of summer will be upon us. Luckily, residents of Huntley, Gilberts, and Pingree Grove can head to nearby water parks where the entire family can cool off and beat the summer heat.
Here are a few of these fun places to visit:
- Otter Cave Aquatic Park
3615 Campton Hills Road
A facility of the St. Charles Park District, Otter Cave Aquatic Park is typically open from May to September. It features several exciting attractions, including:
- Splash Park – Open to kids of all ages, Splash Park has a safety surface and several interactive play features, such as bubblers, geysers, spray loops, spray cannons, and water wheels.
- Dragonfly Den – This toddler pool has a depth of zero to 24 inches to give younger tots a comfortable and safe aquatic area to play in. It includes a large interactive water feature.
- Salamander Slides – This new attraction features three winding slides that older kids and adults can enjoy.
- Crayfish Canal – Designed for adrenaline and fitness junkies, Crayfish Canal features diving boards, a drop slide, and several lap lanes.
- Bartlett Aquatic Center
620 W. Stearns Road
Bartlett Aquatic Center is run by the Bartlett Park District, and has two seasons – the regular summer season from May to mid-August and the late summer season from mid-August to September. This water park features several facilities including:
- 8-lane lap pool
- Drop and tube slides
- Lazy river
- Zip line over water
- Kids’ waterslide
- Spray playground
- Sand play area
- The Water Works
505 N. Springinsguth Road
This indoor water park is located inside the Schaumburg Park District’s Community Recreation Center, making it a great place to visit all year round. It has a gradual-entry pool with an interactive play structure and three slides where little tots can safely have fun. Other facilities include a diving pool, a whirlpool, and a lap pool. Private pool rentals are available for parties and events.
- Mystic Waters
2025 Miner Street
A facility of Des Plaines Park District, Mystic Waters typically opens from June to August every year. Considered one of the most beautiful water parks in Northern Illinois, Mystic Waters features two 37-foot slides and other attractions that include:
- Otter’s Run – Features a series of big slides
- Sea Lion Falls – Features drop slides and cliff dives
- Crocodile Cove lazy river
- Dolphin Bay – A zero-depth splash area and leisure pool with jet sprays, fountains, and a dolphin slide for kids
- Stingray Bay Family Aquatic Center
12219 Lois Lane
A facility of the Huntley Park District, Stingray Bay Family Aquatic Center offers several attractions for the entire family, including:
- Two 138-feet water slides
- Two kiddie slides
- Six-lane competitive pool
- Zero-depth simulated beach area
- Diving boards
- Sand play area
- Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center
10450 Algonquin Road
Owned and managed by Centegra Health System, this facility features several medically-based fitness and wellness centers, including an aquatics center. The aquatics area includes an outdoor pool with kid-friendly water slides and other play features, and is the venue for swim lessons and weekly fitness classes. The pool is typically open from May to September.
The center also has several indoor water facilities, including:
- Warm water therapy pools
- Zero-depth and kid-friendly pools with play features
- Lap pools
- Whirlpools and spas
- Great Wolf Lodge Gurnee
1700 Nations Drive
Opening in July, 2018, this kid-friendly resort’s main feature is an expansive water park with several attractions that include:
- Otter Run – A classic water slide for the entire family
- River Canyon Run – A family raft ride on a curving slide
- Whooping Hollow – Gently-sloping slides for kids under 52 inches tall
- Coyote Canyon – Features a forty-foot drop slide onto a spinning vortex
Huntley, Gilberts, and Pingree Grove are highly-desirable family-friendly communities that you’ll be glad to call home. Learn about your real estate options in these neighborhoods. Call Huntley Realty at 847-669-4010 or contact them here.